What’s Inside This Toolbox
- 101 single-sided pages
- 12 detailed session plans
- 4 original hello songs
- 4 goodbye songs
- digital form download (included with CMTEs)
- introductory reading about adults with developmental disabilities
- recommended group-singing songs
- recordings of all original songs
- resource lists
- visuals / pictures and distribution materials
- Session 1: Group Music-Making
- Session 2: Getting to Know You
- Session 3: I Spy
- Session 4: Mirrors
- Session 5: Colors
- Session 6: What a Wonderful World
- Session 7: Partners
- Session 8: I Had Me a Dog
- Session 9: Favorites
- Session 10: Using Our Bodies
- Session 11: St. Patrick’s Day / Irish
- Session 12: Spring
References to items on the Board Certification Domains are based on the Practice Analysis Study of 2014.
Working with Adults with Developmental Disabilities addresses these specific competencies in the current Board Certification Domains:
Learning Objective 1
Describe how music therapy can be used to address motor goals for adults with developmental disabilities.
Learning Objective 2
Explain the reasoning behind the specific structuring of sessions described in this toolbox.
Learning Objective 3
Modification of session plans to work for an individual client as opposed to a group.