How to Use This Toolbox
- with older-adult groups in a variety of settings
- as a template for other music-centered wellness groups that target older adults
- for easy adaptation in group and individual sessions to meet the needs of unique clients
What’s Inside This Toolbox
- 158 single-sided pages
- 90 digital files for colorful handouts, including songs, articles, book lists
- 15 detailed sessions
- digital form download (included with CMTEs)
- foreword by guest author
- working with older adults with varying abilities information
- list of reference and music books for expanded knowledge and repertoire
- Session 1: Apples
- Session 2: Humor
- Session 3: Modes of Travel
- Session 4: Colors
- Session 5: Moon Songs
- Session 6: Women’s Names in Song
- Session 7: Let’s Hear It for the Boys
- Session 8: Home Sweet Home
- Session 9: Smiles
- Session 10: Country Music
- Session 11: Honoring Disney
- Session 12: Feel the Spirit
- Session 13: Friendship
- Session 14: Folk Songs
- Session 15: Weathering It
- 50 Recommended Songs
- Reference Books
- Music Books
References to items on the Board Certification Domains are based on the Practice Analysis Study of 2019. Those registered for the MusicWorx Toolbox: Successful Approaches for Older Adults with Varying Abilities will develop or improve their abilities to help others express themselves through active music-making, writing songs, and by analyzing lyrics. Participants will learn these skills for group settings and individual work.
Successful Approaches for Older Adults with Varying Abilities addresses these specific competencies in the current Board Certification Domains:
Learning Objective 1
Create a themed session plan with content and interventions appropriate for older adult populations.
Learning Objective 2
Explain considerations for selecting recorded music for use in older–adult movement interventions.
Learning Objective 3
Create a repertoire of 25 songs to use with older adults.
Learning Objective 4
Compose and / or arrange a vocal or instrumental piece of music for an older adult population.