What’s Inside This Toolbox
- 91 single-sided pages
- 23 digital files for colorful handouts, including songs, articles, book lists
- 12 detailed sessions
- 6 MP3 background tracks and original songs
- 3 workshop session plans
- Digital form download (included with CMTEs)
- Nuts and bolts
- Teen session considerations
- Resource lists for expanded knowledge and repertoire
- Using This Toolbox
- Toolbox Nuts and Bolts
- Session Considerations
- Types of Interventions
- Session 1: Introductory Session
- Session 2: Just Girls
- Session 3: Just Guys
- Session 4: Movin’, Groovin’, and Jimi Hendrix
- Session 5: Song Title Mash-Up
- Session 6: Music and Movement
- Session 7: Music for Social Awareness
- Session 8: Sexual Health and Awareness
- Session 9: I Am . . . Not a Stereotype
- Session 10: Substance Abuse
- Session 11: Music-Centered Support Group
- Session 12: You’ve Got a Voice—Use It!
- Three 90-Minute Workshop Session Plans
- Program Development
- Songs for Lyric Analysis
- Additional Resources
References to items on the Board Certification Domains are based on the Practice Analysis Study of 2019. Those registered for MusicWorx Toolbox: Music Therapy with Adolescent Populations, Second Edition will develop or improve their abilities to help others express themselves through active music-making, writing songs, and by analyzing lyrics. Participants will learn these skills for group settings and individual work.
MusicWorx Toolbox: Music Therapy with Adolescent Populations, Second Edition addresses these specific competencies in the current Board Certification Domains:
Learning Objective 1
Describe three things that are necessary to helping a teen feel safe in a session.
Learning Objective 2
Create five ideas for appropriate rap / songwriting themes for teens.
Learning Objective 3
Design one music-appreciation session plan based on a self-chosen music icon.
Learning Objective 4
Select five songs for teenagers and create ten questions to help clients process the song.