The Compassion Fatigue Workbook is a lifeline for any helping professional facing the physical and emotional exhaustion that can shadow work in the helping professions. Since 2001 the activities in this Workbook have helped thousands of helpers in the fields of healthcare, community mental health, correctional services, education, and the military. In addition to a comprehensive description of compassion fatigue and vicarious traumatization, The Compassion Fatigue Workbook leads the reader through experiential activities designed to target specific areas in their personal and professional lives. It provides concrete strategies to help the reader develop a personalized plan for identifying and transforming compassion fatigue and vicarious traumatization.
Topics covered include:
- understanding compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma
- symptom checklist
- targeting areas for strategic planning
- understanding warning signs
- assessing contributing factors
- evaluating self-care
- identifying triggers
- solutions: personal, professional and organizational strategies
There are no reviews yet.