Internship Available: Product Development
Music Therapy Product Development Intern
Founded in 1987 by Dr. Barbara Reuer, an internationally-recognized leader in music therapy, MusicWorx is a music therapy and wellness agency whose mission is to create, nurture, and maintain an environment of growth and unlimited potential for those around us.
MusicWorx is both an American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)-compliant provider of music therapy services and an AMTA-approved clinical training site for degreed music therapists working toward national board certification. MusicWorx serves individuals, families, corporations, and organizations in need of music therapy and wellness services. We offer medical music therapy to promote healing, recovery, and coping with illness or injury. Our board-certified music therapists can help one to explore the wellness benefits of music to optimize and maintain good health. In corporate settings, recipients of music therapy and/or wellness services are employees eager to develop and enhance leadership, communication and stress management skills, and optimum wellness.
This internship will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to grow and build a foundation in music therapy and product development by having direct impact on the creation, packaging, market research, and sales of a new line of music therapy session plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transform written, textbook-like lesson plans into mobile-friendly tools for music therapists on the go, “Plantastics”. (55%)
- Expand InDesign skills by modifying existing templates to ensure consistency across each lesson. (25%)
- Conduct various research projects on competing products and determine appropriate market pricing. (10%)
- Identify opportunities for free marketing and improve visibility in the community. (10%)
- Exercise good judgment and confidentiality.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, music entrepreneurship, business development, graphic design, or related field.
- Interest in business development, marketing and communications with energy, creativity and excellent attention to detail.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Preferably knowledge of communications and design software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign; Constant Contact; etc.)
Reporting Relationships: Supervised by Barbara Reuer, CEO
Classification Status: This is an unpaid internship and will require 8 hours/week. Intern should commit to at least one full academic semester.
CEO and Founder
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Workplace