What’s Inside This Toolbox
- 89 single-sided pages
- 14 detailed session plans
- more than 30 handout examples
- lists of articles, at-home exercises, and songs
- digital form download (included with CMTEs)
Strategies and Techniques for Music Making
- Session 1: Drumming, Community, and Team Building
- Session 2: Expression Through Drumming
- Session 3: I Can Play What? Marimbas, Slit Drums, and Bells
- Session 4: Leadership, Followership, and Community
- Session 5: Body Awareness
- Session 6: Herding Cats, Pushing Donkeys, and Pulling Elephants
- Session 7: Connection and Communication
Strategies and Techniques for Song Writing and Lyric Analysis
- Session 1: Masked, Unmasked Making
- Session 2: How to Take Control of the Music in Your Life
- Session 3: By Way of Sorrow
- Session 4: Imagine
- Session 5: It’s Been a While
- Session 6: Story of Life
- Session 7: Angel
References to items on the Board Certification Domains are based on the Practice Analysis Study of 2014. Those registered for the MusicWorx Toolbox course Group Music Therapy Interventions Strategies and Techniques for Music Making and Song Writing / Lyric Analysis will develop or improve their abilities to help others express themselves through active music-making, writing songs, and by analyzing lyrics. Participants will learn these skills for group settings and individual work.
The MusicWorx Toolbox course Group Music Therapy Interventions Strategies and Techniques for Music Making and Song Writing / Lyric Analysis addresses these specific competencies in the current Board Certification Domains:
Learning Objective 1
Write ten process–oriented songs for lyric analysis.
Learning Objective 2
Create at least three fill–in–the–blank–style songwriting strategies to be used with patients.
Learning Objective 3
List three common goals correlating with active music.
Learning Objective 4
Describe how both songwriting and lyric analysis are used as forms of self–expression.