What’s Inside This Toolbox
- 77 double-sided pages
- 30+ handout examples
- 12 detailed session plans
- 9 additional session plans in Appendix
- music CD by Chelsea Davis
- digital form download (included with CMTEs)
- Session 1: Active Music Making: Introduction to Drumming Community and Team Building
- Session 2: Mandala: The Sacred Wheel
- Session 3: Songwriting: How to Take Control of the Music in Your Life
- Session 4: Using Your Voice as a Tool for Relaxation, Part One
- Session 5: Music-Making: Improvisation
- Session 6: Using Your Voice for Relaxation, Part Two
- Session 7: Music Exercising Emotions: Music to Manage Your Mind, Body and Mood, Part One
- Session 8: Music Exercising Emotions: Music to Manage Your Mind, Body and Mood, Part Two
- Session 9: Drum Circle: Herding Cats, Pulling Donkeys, and Pushing Elephants
- Session 10: Introduction to Technology: The Power of Your Playlist, iPad-ology, and Samsung-ology
- Session 11: The Sound of Healing: Resources
- Session 12: Gratitude and Wellness: Finding Art in Thankfulness, Gratitude in Sound and Words
- Active Music Making
- By Way of Sorrow: Lyric Analysis / Creative Arts
- Hope and Managing Anxiety
- Introduction to Music Therapy: Music to Manage Your Mind, Body, and Mood
- Music-Assisted Movement: Alexander Technique
- Music-Assisted Movement: Self-Massage Techniques
- Music Making Improvisation: I Can Play What…Marimbas, Slit Drums, and Bells?
- Relaxation and Guided Imagery: Conscious Listening – Mind, Body and Spirit
- The Voice of Healing
References to items on the Board Certification Domains are based on the Practice Analysis Study of 2014. Those registered for the MusicWorx Toolbox course Integrative Medicine Settings Music-Centered Wellness will develop or improve their abilities to use music therapeutically in a variety of medical settings, including inpatient facilities, outpatient facilities, and at the bedside.
The MusicWorx Toolbox course Integrative Medicine Settings Music-Centered Wellness addresses these specific competencies in the current Board Certification Domains:
Learning Objective 1
Create an original imagery script to be used during music-centered relaxation exercise.
Learning Objective 2
Understand how creative arts with music are effective for expression with patients and as self-care.
Learning Objective 3
Explain at least three benefits of humming and toning vocal techniques.
Learning Objective 4
Describe three ways to use music for relaxation within an individual / at-home setting.